Depending on how you start, (with parts selected or with the text selected)
here are a couple ways to pretty quickly do it:

If you can start with the components already selected (as you mentioned)

Type this into the List panel and press Apply: (ObjectKind = 'Component')
And IsSelected

You'll see all the parts. Right click on one of them and select Show
component children.
Now you'll see all the stuff associated with those parts.
All the "Text" objects will be together. Group select those, then right
click and choose "Remove Non-Selected"
What you're left with is just the Designators and Comments.
The column for Text Height can globally tweak those values.

If you had started out with the selected text, all you would have to do is
enter this in the List panel:

(ObjectKind = 'Text') And IsSelected

What you would get is the text you wanted to make bigger; just globally edit
the text height.

If these are things you do often, it's very few keystrokes and mouse clicks
because these strings would stay in your History. If you do many type of
these things, add them to your favorites.

This system blows the doors off 99SE once you get it. Try this with 99SE.
Try hiding 1 big part such as a 1000 pin BGA while still retaining the
ratsnest, routes, DRC, etc to that object. Now THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Tony