Hi All -

I would be interested in hearing about your "standard" conventions when
doing a design.  For example, do you use different colors for the nets on
the schematic ?  In particular I'm interested in the conventions for pcb
layout.  What do you use the various layers for ?  How do you arrange things
?

I know one guy who keeps every single different entity type on a different
layer.  Designator, value, outline, dimensions, etc.  He then combines them
as needed in the gerber plots for each manufacturing layer.  While it makes
for some pretty documents, it seems like a lot of work ...

--
Dean Carpenter
deano at areyes com