Hi Mehrdad

*After much advertisement from Protel and sending a lot of materials to
*encourage us to upgrade, finally I decide to upgrade. That was a
*mistake. I converted simple designs to DXP after finalizing them in
*99SE, which was not bad. There was problem with split plane, being slow,
*crashing.

*Then I transferred an incomplete design and tried to finish the PCB. It
*was not possible. I just spent two weeks to convert the design and when
*I thought everything is fine, It was crashing continuously because of
*enormous problems. I could not finish the design.

I have recently upgraded to 2004 and have had problems of crashes etc. After
installing 2004, the operating system appeared to be trashed resulting in a
re-install of W2K. Then lots of problems occurred due to security access
priviledges  - the bottom line is attempting to have too tight a security level
for users and software writing files to folders that do not allow writes could
be your source of crashes. At the moment P99SE is still crashing around 5-6
times per day and I will have to get the sys admin back to log in to change some
priviledges.

BR Clive

Hi Terry,

I am one of those came back from the dark side. We used Protel99 for all
our designs, I got an evaluation version of DXP last year and tried to
convert one of our design which failed. Then I decided not to use it.

After much advertisement from Protel and sending a lot of materials to
encourage us to upgrade, finally I decide to upgrade. That was a
mistake. I converted simple designs to DXP after finalizing them in
99SE, which was not bad. There was problem with split plane, being slow,
crashing.

Then I transferred an incomplete design and tried to finish the PCB. It
was not possible. I just spent two weeks to convert the design and when
I thought everything is fine, It was crashing continuously because of
enormous problems. I could not finish the design.

I transferred back everything to 99SE again and send a complaint Email
to Ian Wilson. Apparently he accepted all problems in the DXP and his
suggestion was just go to DXP2004.  They offered a free upgrade to
DXP2004 and we got that, but never used it.

Regards,

Sal