Ian wrote
The question then comes up is what is the learning time to become proficient?  Are you
better off putting that to learning another application altogether?  That is the
really hard decision - much harder than whether the old globals are better or worse or
slower or faster than
the new.

You have to be kidding me Ian, I wish you would quit defending complicated querries
over simple double clicks.  I really dont think you have used DXP 2004 for more than a
few evaluations. Certainly not for an entire design.  The program is slow,lame, and
full of bugs   from the minute you load a netlist to the last minute you generate
gerbers.   (Popping up Camtastick every time I dont want it to,  and get this,  Protel
did away with the much needed CAM manager.  I swear you have not used this program,
there is now way you could possibly praise how screwed up the  non- alphabetical
outputs are.  It really is a joke.   I have customers sitting on 23 seats now, they
refuse to use because they cant take the time to retrain their engineers to use a
bugged program. I personally use 2004 as an expensive translation package, beyond that
I might as well switch to PCAD or PADS. It is real crap after 99SE  even with out
querries.

Mike Reagan
EDSI