Hi Terry,

I am one of those came back from the dark side. We used Protel99 for all
our designs, I got an evaluation version of DXP last year and tried to
convert one of our design which failed. Then I decided not to use it.

After much advertisement from Protel and sending a lot of materials to
encourage us to upgrade, finally I decide to upgrade. That was a
mistake. I converted simple designs to DXP after finalizing them in
99SE, which was not bad. There was problem with split plane, being slow,
crashing.

Then I transferred an incomplete design and tried to finish the PCB. It
was not possible. I just spent two weeks to convert the design and when
I thought everything is fine, It was crashing continuously because of
enormous problems. I could not finish the design.

I transferred back everything to 99SE again and send a complaint Email
to Ian Wilson. Apparently he accepted all problems in the DXP and his
suggestion was just go to DXP2004.  They offered a free upgrade to
DXP2004 and we got that, but never used it.

Regards,

Sal