Thanks very much Christian.  This solved my issue.  I was able to get the
rb-site install to recognize the existing mysql data.

I did have to modify the apache conf file slightly, due to errors trying to
extract files to an egg cache, when they did not have permissions to the
default egg cache folder.  Fortunately, for this there was a hint about
adding PYTHON_EGG_CACHE to the env, so I added the following to the apache
conf file, inside the *Location "/"* section . . .

> SetEnv PYTHON_EGG_CACHE /srv/www/egg-cache

There was also a permission problem where I was unable to view content.  So
I have added the following to section to the apache conf file . . .
        # Specify some directory directives, to allow access to the
        # filesystem
        <Directory "/srv/www/rb/reviewboard">
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride All