I can personally confirm on what Matt said about bugs.
When I as really small freelancer with not much licences, submit in  my
evening and if it is bug I saw new update posted tomorrow morning in not
single but couple occasion.
That goes a long way

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Matt Morris <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to have to disagree with that 'virtually the same as a redshift
> experience' statement - just reading the maya plugin support forum on otoy
> has been enough to keep me away from using it in production, as it was
> clear that the plugin developer had way too many hats to wear (ie several
> plugins), was slow to update to the most recent versions and didn't respond
> to forum posts at all. The redshift experience is a polar opposite, bugs
> are squished almost the same day, and they always respond to posts, even
> when its a good chance of being user error.
>
> That said I realise that otoy are trying to do something about that
> situation, and will keep an eye on the progress of 3.0/3.1 as and when its
> released.
>
> On 11 April 2016 at 15:38, Angus Davidson <angus.david...@wits.ac.za>
> wrote:
>
>> Octane can use additional memory (its just not set up by default as it
>> slows things down)
>>
>> You also don’t need to use the standalone, There are  MAYA / Soft plugins
>> which make it virtually the same as a redshift experience.
>>
>> In 3.1 they will be adopting the glTF format (they dropped FBX saying it
>> was too clunky ) Although both FBX and USD can be added in theory using
>> their now opened API.
>>
>> I did some tests on the weekend and am cautiously optimistic about glTF
>> as a potential format, although I think they should have gone the USD route.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Angus

Mirko Jankovic
*http://www.cgfolio.com/mirko-jankovic
<http://www.cgfolio.com/mirko-jankovic>*

Need to find freelancers fast?
www.cgfolio.com

Need some help with rendering an Redshift project?
http://www.gpuoven.com/