I agree with Marc-Andre on that, but that said, afaik Octane is standalone
requiring export as alembic or obj, which is somewhat limiting compared to the
built in flexibility of Redshift/XSI combo. Also last time I checked Octane does
not allow using system memory for scene data like Redshift does.

Morten