From: Morten Bartholdy [mailto:x...@colorshopvfx.dk]
Sent: Monday, 11 April 2016 3:28 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: OTOY announces availability of OctaneRender 3 and OctaneRender
Cloud, previews Brigade/OctaneRender

I agree with Marc-Andre on that, but that said, afaik Octane is standalone
requiring export as alembic or obj, which is somewhat limiting compared to the
built in flexibility of Redshift/XSI combo. Also last time I checked Octane
does not allow using system memory for scene data like Redshift does.

Morten

> Den 8. april 2016 klokken 15:53 skrev Marc-Andre Carbonneau
> <marc-andre.carbonn...@ubisoft.com>:
>

> Perhaps but it’s always good to keep an eye on the competition, no? ;)
> They have a few things very interesting going on. Haven’t followed
> Redshift closely lately.
>
> Happy Friday all
> MAC

style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in