NetVicious,

> lunes, 15 jul. 2019 at 19:55, it seems you wrote:

>> The Bat - poor support for identities

> What do you need?

> I  use a lot of email aliases, and with macros in the templates I use
> each aliases without any problem. I set one folder to receive all the
> messages sent or received with one alias. And when I create a new mail
> from that folder the aliases are used.

> At this moment I'm writing you from one alias with that setup.

> %IF:"%-
> %TOLIST%CCLIST%BCCLIST"="":'%TO="tbbeta@thebat.dutaint.com"'
> %QT="tb_netvicious.com"

Yes, that allows you to tie a specific set of macros to a specific email
address.  Better
would be to be able to specify a set of identities with different email
addresses, etc.
Then when I prepare a new email/reply, I should be able to simply choose the
identity I
want from a drop down list.

It is true that a certain send to address would probably always get the same
identity, but
since I work with a lot of often changing correspondents, it becomes
overwhelming to be
constantly adding new, removing old, especially since few identities would have
only one
correspondent.

The other thing is that The Bat has been known to throw away all my defined
QT's, message templates, etc.
when using a new installer.  It is best to not have many, I think.  Even so, it
is a nuisance for me when
I must reenter all I have.

--

Gleason