Hello Paul!

On Thursday, June 10, 2004, 4:14 PM, you wrote:

PC> you have your setup to save attachments to a separate folder? and the
PC> folder is empty?

No, until yesterday I had chosen "keep attachments with message body."
Last night I changed it to "separate directory." (In
Account/Properties/Files and Directories.)

That may be what let me get the 4 .jpgs without problems this morning.
They are now in Program Files\The Bat!\MAIL\m.bull\ATTACH

88 bat.tmp files in my profile [...] \TEMP are each one empty. I checked
the Properties on every one of them.

MB>> 2) What I don't know is whether the attachments sent from the
MB>> Macintosh machine caused this.

PC> doubt it.

So, gremlins. Or the Evil Tribble Twin. :)

MB>> 3) The good news is that almost everything important had already been
MB>> copied to My Documents, My Pictures, Adobe Photo Deluxe 2, or Gimp.
MB>> And a lot had been printed out in paper copies.

PC> backups...backups...backups:) I use secondcopy to copy my BAT folders to
PC> another folder, then I save those to CD's.

Well, I've been saying to you for two weeks that I was going to learn
to use the Nero that's on my machine. Didn't yet. But I do have
back-ups on my hard drive. And I have a Bat backup from Tools that I
overwrite every day, but I save it by the month. So I could retrieve
the May folder--the only thing is, that a Bat backup restore would do
away with all of June. I don't want just yet to do that.

I couldn't understand how to put Marck's batch backup into my system.
And, like with Nero, I just procrastinated getting Second Copy that was
recommended on that thread.

MB>> 4) My opinion of TB! v. 2.11.02 is that it is just as wonderful as the
MB>> TB! lists, and that's saying a lot!

PC> yes it is!! now get the 2.11.03 !!

But I would have to become a Beta tester to do that! I'm really not
competent to be a Beta tester!!

MB>> 5) Thanks a million!! :42:

PC> ahhhh, love those emoticons!

:h2g2: Maybe my attachment files are "Lost in Space"! No, different
show. :)

Anyway, thanks to you and to everyone!

Mary

The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1