Hello Robin!

On Thursday, June 10, 2004, 6:29 PM, you wrote:

MB>> ... until yesterday I had chosen "keep attachments with message
MB>> body." Last night I changed it to "separate directory." (In
MB>> Account/Properties/Files and Directories.)

RA> Then the fact that you can't see them in a separate directory or folder
RA> is not a problem. They should still all be in the original email message.

Thank you for all three of your messages. They are a help. It is true
that, so far, any particular attachment that I save to Desktop or other
appropriate folder can then be opened. It's just that The Bat! will
not open them--a double-click or menu request results in nothing. But
since they will open if saved elsewhere, the files must be
available from some folder on the hard drive.

MB>> That may be what let me get the 4 .jpgs without problems this morning.
MB>> They are now in Program Files\The Bat!\MAIL\m.bull\ATTACH

RA> Sounds about right.

I think I'm beginning to get the picture. (No pun intended.)  :)

MB>> ... 88 bat.tmp files in my profile ...

RA> As in the previous email I sent, you can safely delete these unless they
RA> have today's date, in which case they may be in use.

Thank you. I am going to delete them. They are just taking up space,
since, according to Properties, each contains 0 bytes. I've been out
to dinner and it was heartening to come home and find your three
helpful posts in my mail. I'll report back to the list with more
information, if I find out anything further. Once again, many thanks!

Mary

The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1