"Apart from the most rabid fundamentalists among us, nearly everyone admits
that the Bible might contain errors -- a faulty creation story here, a
historical mistake there, a contradiction or two in some other place. But
is it possible that the problem is worse than that -- that the Bible
actually contains lies?

Most people wouldn't put it that way, since the Bible is, after all, sacred
Scripture for millions on our planet. But good Christian scholars of the
Bible, including the top Protestant and Catholic scholars of America, will
tell you that the Bible is full of lies, even if they refuse to use the
term. And here is the truth: Many of the books of the New Testament were
written by people who lied about their identity, claiming to be a famous
apostle -- Peter, Paul or James -- knowing full well they were someone
else. In modern parlance, that is a lie, and a book written by someone who
lies about his identity is a forgery." from
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/the-bible-telling-lies-to_b_840301.html