Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:17:17 -0400
Subject: Re: [Vo]:The Quantum Soul?
From: janap...@gmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

Some believe that the soul comes
into being when the human egg is fertilized; aka the moment of conception.

In this way of thinking, with DNA as the software of the soul, the
human DNA has the potential to form a complete person, but at the time of
conception no organ is yet formed to contain the soul.

With current technology, any
cell in the body can be transformed into a omnipotent cell that can produce a
human.

So human spiritual characteristic
is inherent in any DNA present in the human body.

If this is true, do you commit
murder when you cut your hair or trim your finger nails?

If a mouse is given flawed disease
carrying human DNA to simulate human disease or a goat is given human genes to
produce human insulin, have these animals become human with a soul.

If a geneticist copies human
DNA, and puts it into a animal cell, does the animal become human? What parts
of human DNA define the soul?

Please extend your theology into
the domain of genetic manipulation in your quest to define the soul.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Jojo Jaro <jth...@hotmail.com> wrote:

You've made my point better than I.  For when
you are studying the ones and zeros wherever they may persist, you are in fact
studying the software.  The ones and zeros are not hardware, they're
software.

Much like the soul.  We can spend a hundred
lifetimes studying neuron chemical reactions, electrical impulses, cellular
structure of brain cells and other psychological theories and mumbo-jumbo; we
will never understand how Human consciousness works.  To understand the
human soul, one needs to understand its creator.  Much like studying the
software requires an understanding of Microsoft Software Engineer's design
methods and techniques, in fact, a understanding of the man
himself.

Tell me, can you reverse engineer the entire
windows operating system from the ones and zeros of machine code?
Doesn't understanding windows require understanding of its design at a higher
level? not at the machine code level?  possibly by interviewing the
designer and studying his work?  Why would one think he can understand the
human soul by studying the individual ones and zeros of the
neurons?

You see, this issue goes deeper than just
discussions about the human soul.  This issue involves our humanistic
prederilection to avoid acknowledging the creator.  We try our best to
understand ourselves without studying the human blueprint.  Such efforts
are always doom to fail, much like the fallacies of Darwinian
Evolution.

Jojo