> Looking at the latest changes on the CH wiki... is it on purpose that
> the current resolutions look as formal as a UN Security Council
> resolution ?  "RESOLVED... AND... FURTHER RESOLVED... so proposed on the
> fifteenth of March 2006". I know it is borderline to hairsplitting, but
> this makes the whole thing look very bureaucratic, especially given that
> there no formal entity yet... Could we do with "friendlier" texts, please ?

For me it seems as a "ticketing tool" language :)

> Also, do we really need to protect the pages ? We all know that even if
> changes are made after a resolution has been accepted, they can be
> reverted. The reason I am asking this (in addition to the general
> principle that we should only protect pages if needed) is that there are
> several typos on the page Board/Resolutions/2006/02 that I was ready to
> correct.

I don't undestand. Do you mean that pages are blocked to no-sysop
members? It seems to have a sense because when a board (or preliminary
board) take a decision it's important to communicate this decision
(also with grammatical errors). If a no-board person makes a change
with unintentional misanderstandigs, the communication could be
different. What do you think if a person change your sandbox or
"correct" your discussion page changing the sense of your sentences?

> Last, but not least... this resolution says that "Wikimedia CH shall
> have its seat in Zurich". Does that mean "until a President is elected",
> or is there a change to the proposed bylaws ?

There was a discussion same months ago and the most part of swiss
wikipedians seemed to accept that the seat of foundation was in a town
more central for all swiss people (like Zurich). It could be that this
resolution is connected with this discussion.

Regards

Ilario