What makes you think there's any margin selling retail? Figure out what you're doing or accept what's handed to you.

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:

I don't understand your point about "selling on margins".

I was merely asking for a "wholesale" product that was priced less than
RETAIL.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I have yet to figure out how it is all the "wholesale" products are
currently anywhere between 10 and 100% more than the current retail
offerings.

There's no "margin" in that, unless I'm supposed to subsidize VOIP service
with my WISP revenue, which is the reverse notion of more revenue per
customer.

I didn't say I wanted a "fat" margin.  I just said I wanted something I
could bundle with my data service that didn't cost me more than retail to
get, which is why I'm a bit taken back at the notion that wholesale costs
more than retail.

If that' whining, in your view, I'd say your view was a little strange.   As
best I can tell, the biggest costs for VOIP are the infrastructure and
customer service.    I merely wanted to make the unusual split of dealing
with customer service myself, but farming out the infrastructure.   Nobody
seems to be interested in doing that, and I'm not sure why.     Lots of
ISP's are outsourcing customer service, and seemingly it has advantages, one
would naturally assume this is true of the VOIP business, but, hey, maybe
not.   The infrastructure, as best I can tell, is the most cost effective to
scale upwards, more so than customer service.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-
----- Original Message ----- From: "warped.terranova.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>