On  Tuesday, August 15, 2006 DaveK, in response to Ian, wrote:

Ian..
>--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "rbs000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It's a "stretch" all right. I find the "Buddhism teaches the same
>> thing as Christianity" idea an exercise in political correctness
>that
>> is corrosive to the teachings in both traditions. They get watered
>> down to the least common denomonator. I think we should just let
>> each tradition speak for itself.
>>
>> Ian

DaveK
>I think your viewpoint is unfortunate.

For a change, I agree with both of you.

I think by earnestly following the teachings of both Christianity and
Buddhism (and perhaps in fact most religions) you will eventually arrive at
the same place.

Their teaching concepts and methods are different, sometimes even
contradictory; but I cannot help but think the fundamental realization of
their founders (in this case Jesus and Buddha) were the same.  This is
because that fundamental realization is a universal human (sentient being?)
attribute and available to all.

This is what I want to believe anyway.

..Bill!

Scanned by VisNetic MailScan for SMTP Servers.
Visit http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic_mailscan.