Jody, You are right. The whole is the universal consciousness. All
practices leads to "sync" us with the whole. While someone like Edgar,
may analysis, theorize, understand, so called consciousness (just a
label), or chanting or breathing (just a dharma), surrender all minds,
big or small, rational or otherwise, is the quickest way to be synced
with "whole". Every which other way could be a detour or incomplete. JM
Jody W. Ianuzzi wrote:
>
> Hello Bill,
>
> As much as I appreciate the Soto Zen methods of meditation, I am also
> curious about the Tibetan methods of focusing on an image of
> compassion and
> moving towards it. I will use both methods at different times.
>
> The chant I use is OM MANI PADME HUM. I found that when I learned it's
> meaning I appreciated it more. I think that using this chant is like
> counting breaths, it keeps your mind from jumping around.
>
> As I first discovered Buddhism I thought I had to pick which was best,
> now I
> feel that Buddhism is Buddhism and all the ways are the same. It's all
> part
> of the whole.
>
> I just appreciate learning something new every day.
> JODY
>
> JODY
>
>
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/