Hello Bill,

As much as I appreciate the Soto Zen methods of meditation, I am also
curious about the Tibetan methods of focusing on an image of compassion and
moving towards it.  I will use both methods at different times.

The chant I use is OM MANI PADME HUM.  I found that when I learned it's
meaning I appreciated it more.  I think that using this chant is like
counting breaths, it keeps your mind from jumping around.

As I first discovered Buddhism I thought I had to pick which was best, now I
feel that Buddhism is Buddhism and all the ways are the same.  It's all part
of the whole.

I just appreciate learning something new every day.
JODY

JODY