So spirituality in the sense of beliefs in gods, spirits, demons, ghosts, parapsychology etc. is a distraction from realization since such beliefs occupy the mind as thoughts. Zen neither believes or disbelieves in such things. If they should appear, fine, but most likely that will be just another illusion instead.

Chi, on the other hand, is the very substance of direct experience. Chi is reality. One does have some control over chi, but only as one force among many other forces. There is also a lot of hype about the degree of chi control and chi power claimed by some.

Edgar

On Sep 7, 2008, at 3:23 PM, Fitness63 wrote:

From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - Each of us can live in the ZONE 24/7, by
abandoning our mind, enhance our spirituality, using chi as the medium to
sync to the universal consciousness.>

According to some, the CHI is maya and there is nothing but JUST THIS which
is lurching forward experiencing reality directly?

I guess what I do not understand is that you seem to say that spirituality, karma, dharma are all part of the Chan process while Edgar, Bill, and Mike seem to say that spirituality is an illusion along with everything else.

It is confusing.