Good questions Bill,

Chi is pronounced Cheee.  In Japnese it is pronounced Ki, like ReiKi.
In new Chinese, it is spelled Qi, but pronounced the same.

#2 is the detailed answer.  Chi is the universal life force and
therefore it is always one and connected.  Yet, it could be blocked.  If
it were blocked in our body, like teachings of QiGong or acupuncture,
then we become sick or injured.  It if blocks our mind, we becomes
crazy.  These blockages are called karma in Buddhist terms and just
blockage in traditional Chinese medicine.

Because Chi is pure energy, not visible, not in any form.  There are
occasion people take vantage of its illusiveness.  So beware, as pointed
out by Edgar.  Some martial artists can hurt you even without touching
you. Doctors can heal you also without touching you.  I have had both
type of experiences many times.

Sometimes, Chi is used as a descriptor.  For instance, your Chi is bad,
meaning you don't look too well.  This calligraphy has no chi, meaning,
it flows bad.

Let me know if you have any other question.
JM