JMJM,

Thanks for your clarifications.

Much of your description of Chi below sounds like Buddha Nature as
that term is used in English translations of Japanese Zen Buddhist
writings.  Are you aware of this, and is there indeed a difference or
are these two concepts the pretty much the same?

Your comments about how people can use Chi are good examples of the
spritualism I reject and classify as maya, but they're entertaining
to think about.

...Bill!

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good questions Bill,
>
> Chi is pronounced Cheee.  In Japnese it is pronounced Ki, like
ReiKi.
> In new Chinese, it is spelled Qi, but pronounced the same.
>
> #2 is the detailed answer.  Chi is the universal life force and
> therefore it is always one and connected.  Yet, it could be
blocked.  If
> it were blocked in our body, like teachings of QiGong or
acupuncture,
> then we become sick or injured.  It if blocks our mind, we becomes
> crazy.  These blockages are called karma in Buddhist terms and just
> blockage in traditional Chinese medicine.
>
> Because Chi is pure energy, not visible, not in any form.  There
are
> occasion people take vantage of its illusiveness.  So beware, as
pointed
> out by Edgar.  Some martial artists can hurt you even without
touching
> you. Doctors can heal you also without touching you.  I have had
both
> type of experiences many times.
>
> Sometimes, Chi is used as a descriptor.  For instance, your Chi is
bad,
> meaning you don't look too well.  This calligraphy has no chi,
meaning,
> it flows bad.
>
> Let me know if you have any other question.
> JM
>
> Bill Smart wrote:
> >
> > JMJM,
> >
> > You wrote: