Hi JM,

I don't think it is quite that simple. Watching a tree is watching its form, yes, but as you say in your last paragraph the chi of all 'things' does interact so the chi of all things is continually interacting. Even looking at something requires some interaction of chi since vision and the senses are also manifestations of chi. However when one eats an apple one takes in the 'entire' chi of the apple (not really accurate terminology since actually all chi is a single interacting flow and the 'thing' boundaries are cognitive constructs and observer dependent) and incorporates a part of it into one's being temporarily. Chi is always flowing in and out, thus 'empty yourself and you will be filled'.

In other words one has to remember that even form is ripples of chi, so there is nothing, not even looking, that is not an aspect or form of chi. The trick is not to become too distracted by the forms themselves and think they are the real things, rather than the chi itself which is what takes on the forms.

PS: Thanks for the kind words re my posts of yesterday!

Edgar