Well, these are important questions, Al.  Chan does not have a big Bible
or Superior Court. My personal experience is that everyone of us are
rewarded accordingly.  Meaning, we suffer because what we have done in
this life or previous.  We are peaceful and content also because what we
have done in this life or previous lives.  By looking inward, we will be
able to differentiate what internal cause and what's external cause.
External cause are usually from previous lives.

Through dedicated proper meditation, we can reduce the external
accidents and surprises. In other words, each is really on his own
path.  This may sound cold and unkind.  That is however my experience.
Gradually events do evolve.

Instead of measure the deeds of others, let us work on our own.  In my
next email I will address your other email about aging.  It is also an
important question.

_/\_