JM,

Cause and effect are real characteristics of the consistency of illusion. I don't challenge the notion of physical causality as the basis of the consistency of the world of illusion. I do think the standard notion of karma, that good actions must always bring good back to the doer and likewise evil, is an idiotic superstition. One only has to look around at all the 'bad' things that constantly happen to 'good' people to prove it is nonsense. When one has to retreat to the past lives superstition to back up the superstition of karma, it gets pretty obvious they are both unsubstantiated. Of course there are often rough correlations since if one treats someone a certain way one is more likely they will also treat you the same way, but the karmic notion that it is somehow inevitable is a dangerous illusion just designed to make suffering people think they will be better off in the future. And this dangerous illusion has been routinely used by leaders to exploit people for centuries, just as the illusion of good people going to heaven in Christianity so they will better tolerate exploitation in this life has been.

The world is pretty common sensical, not parapsychological, one needs to be brave to confront the simple obvious truth, and confronting the truth, the reality of things is precisely Zen.

Edgar