Margie,

That of course is not the Tantric view of sex, or that of people like Wilhelm Reich (see his book 'The Function of the Orgasm') which posit that aside from its basic reproductive function that sex exists, or should be used, as an aid to enlightenment. It is the most easy and powerful way to get the internal chi flows going and enhance them and that being done sex should be used to move the chi energy of love through all the chakras and meridians to purify, cleanse and energize the body and ultimately up to the crown chakra to effect enlightenment together with the lover.

Certainly works for me! Though now that I'm a hermit, I only make love with the Tao and that works fine too!

Edgar