From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of DP
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:36 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] Namaste- first message

HI, I am new here, and I would like to give a little introduction.

I am 38, and I have been meditating on and off for about two years, reading
about Zen for about 10. I find that zazen helps with my Obsessive Compulsive
Disorder, and while I don't want to go into too many details about that,
they key is the fear of uncertainty. the fact that Zen embraces uncertainty
is what appeals to me.

I am nominally Christian, but I lean towards the more liberal end, i.e.
Quaker or even further. I see Christianity's strength being in its ethical
system, at least when properly applied. I would become even more involved
with Zen, sadly there is no real Zendo near where I live.

Anything else anyone would like to know?

database 5367 (20100814) __________

http://www.eset.com