Dave,

Being a Christian is not in any way an impediment to participating in the
Zen Forum.

…Bill!

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of DP
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:47 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Namaste- first message

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com> ,
Maria Lopez <flordel...@...> wrote:

> What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?.  What's that about?.

I could try to explain it myself, but these do it better...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive_compulsive_disorder

My particular kind of OCD is closest to Scrupulosity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive_compulsive_disorder

Is being Christian an impediment to me being on here? I am not a
"biblle-thumper" type if that makes a difference.

> Thank your for the openeness, honestity and clarity you talk about you.Â

> Mayka

reading about Zen for about 10. I find that zazen helps with my Obsessive
Compulsive Disorder, and while I don't want to go into too many details
about that, they key is the fear of uncertainty. the fact that Zen embraces
uncertainty is what appeals to me.

> I am nominally Christian, but I lean towards the more liberal end, i.e.
Quaker or even further. I see Christianity's strength being in its ethical
system, at least when properly applied. I would become even more involved
with Zen, sadly there is no real Zendo near where I live.

database 5368 (20100815) __________