Dave,

Thanks for the clarification.  In the sense that you describe below I agree
with you.  I was just thinking about their social conservatism - like
wearing home-spun clothes and avoiding modern appliances.Bill!

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of DP
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 8:50 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Namaste- first message

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com> ,
<billsm...@...> wrote:

> Dave,

> I have one question: Why do you consider Quakerism a LIBERAL form of
> Christianity? I would think it would be classed as a very CONSERVATIVE
> form.
>

> .Bill!

I think it depends on the type of Quaker, but the meeting I went to was
"unprogrammed" - an hour of merely sitting in silence followed by a brief
comment. There was no hierarchy.
As well, Quakers are pacifists and they work to stop conflict and help the
poor. many Quakers don't even consider themselves Christians. That's what I
meant by liberal.