I very much agree, and very well put Chris :-)

I think "achieving mystic union with some Beloved" is just another concept that
takes one further from zen. To me zen is about reality, about shedding concepts
and judgements. To me zen is getting rid of ideas about reality and dealing
with reality directly.

Also, to me, zen is about doing things 100%, being totally present, as the
saying "when the dancer becomes the dance" or as I said in another post
"marvelous spiritual power, chopping wood and carrying water!" Not mysticism,
just reality please- straight, no chaser :-)