From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of roloro1557
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:52 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Rumi -- Jewels of Remembrance

Bill-

Alright :-) If we are going to look at it this way then there is nothing
that needs to be "done", "worshiped", "sought after", etc, and etc. People
already have the Buddha Nature, or the Beloved- it's just that some of them
don't realize they have it. For those that don't realize yet that they have
it, I recommend zazen or koan study.
Or "just stopping the mind" as the old Chinese advised. As I said before:

"Everyday mind is zen mind" or "Marvelous spiritual power; chopping wood and
carrying water!" or "If you want to understand zen directly, the normal mind
is zen mind." And my favorite: "Someone asked Xuedou, 'What is the living
meaning of zen?' Xuedou said, 'The mountains are high, the oceans are wide.'
"

Until you "get it" these things don't seem to make sense and people think
there must be some deep mystical thing they are missing. After you "get it"
you realize it was there all along! ;-)

Artie

> Chris and Artie,
>

> I assume from the context the Sufi use of the term 'beloved' is equivalent
> to the Zen Buddhist term 'Buddha Nature'.
>

> What are your thoughts?

Behalf
> Of roloro1557
> Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:56 AM
> To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Rumi -- Jewels of Remembrance
>
> Chris-
>
> --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com> ,
> novelidea8@ wrote:
> >
> > What is the beloved to you?
>
> To me "the beloved" is a concept, an idea, and has no meaning at all.
> There is no reality in it. In other words I don't "believe in" a
"beloved".

database 5453 (20100915) __________

database 5453 (20100915) __________