But it's a scattershot technique being employed against all religion.

Religious people can point out that they support the theory of evolution and
that they condemn the cover-up by the Catholic Church and they still get "all
religions are equally corrupt and wrong." It would be like saying all industry
was evil and corrupt because of the actions of the oil industry. (Perhaps it
is. Perhaps all religion is wrong. However, making broad generalizations does
not prove that).