From: Maria Lopez <>
Sent: Mon, 4 October, 2010 22:51:51
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.

Hi Mike and Everyone!
If everytime one has a dissapointment in any established religious institution
whether that dissapointment was in Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, Zen
Buddhist, etc, etc institutions:  and  afterwards acts as a destructor towards
the institution from which dissapointment took place, then it doesn't sound a
very wise way of doing towards oneself.  I certainly include myself in this
unwise way of doing as I've recently experienced a great dissapointment in the
TNH institutions which lead me to criticism of them. Though never
as irrespetuos
or destructive as many atheists show themselves ugly behaviour in front of
Christianity.  This harmful way of doing doesn't affect the instituions
established but just to the ones who carries away such violent shows.
 When I look deeply into myself, I realice that it was me all the way alone who
built up a pedestal to that institution.  It was me who caused herself the
dissapointment for building a pedestal of "holiness, the
institution".  They weren't the ones!!!. Having seeing this within myself I am
now grateful having found that institution from which I was introduced in the
walk of zen buddhism.
  I was ever dissapointed in any Christian institutions because I never built
a pedestal to the instituion!.  And so my experience was always healthy and
positive.  It was positive because I never put that instituion in a pedestal.
saw it for what it was.  And so I could get all the benefit from it and never
the dissapointment and the anger and frustation that comes with it.