Chris,

The higlighted portion of my post below was not intended as a
recommendation, but as a (sort-of) koan to contemplate.

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote:

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone

On Oct 22, 2010, at 7:38, "ED" <seacrofter...@...
</group/Zen_Forum/post?postID=pscQyGQKYgNYdW95QGPvvib_vPCqA4Bd9dv2UUBznu\
bSJ4DN_3bLYgT2Eg1rTHMrldgW3yWHzJ9kbbp3tJY> > wrote:

> Therefore the would-be yeller needs ask himself/herself the question:

No! That is just adding mental activity on top of the impulse to yell.

If you are unsure about the yelling, breath, wait, and see if the right
action
becomes more obvious.

===================================

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "ED" <seacrofter...@...> wrote:

Mayka asked: "Is it [the yelling] violent?"

Mayka,

Yelling is just what it is - yelling.

But yelling in public can be quite annoying and disturbing to some or
many.

Therefore the would-be yeller needs ask himself/herself the question:

"Shall I apply my understanding of zen to *myself* and merely experience
my compulsion to yell - but remain quiet.

OR:

Shall I yell and provide *others* with the opportunity to practise their
zenist worldview, by their being quiet and just experiencing their
strong aversion to yells?"