Mayka asked: "Is it [the yelling] violent?"

Mayka,

Yelling is just what it is - yelling.

But yelling in public can be quite annoying and disturbing to some or
many.

Therefore the would-be yeller needs ask himself/herself the question:

"Shall I apply my understanding of zen to *myself* and merely experience
my compulsion to yell - but remain quiet.

OR:

Shall I yell and provide *others* with the opportunity to practise their
zenist worldview, by their being quiet and just experiencing their
strong aversion to yells?"

> Mayka,
>
> I was referring to the post below which talked about yelling in pain.
Maybe violent is a little over-the-top. How about vigorous?

> Bill!

> Bill:
>
> Is it violent?. What I have tried is that every time I'm about of
getting into the bath, laying my back on the very cold material of the
bath I emit a very long sound with the syllable "om"letting the breath
going out through the sound. The sound here doesn't come violent.
However , while trying to get into the sea for a swim when its waters
are still cold it makes me Yell very loudly with strange sounds in the
awareness of in/out fast breathing and fast movements of my both legs
jumping as in a water marathon reheating my body.. Didn't notice if the
breath was violent. I'll try to attention to that. But I know that in
the beach everyone can hear me yelling. That yelling is actually very
good because it helps me to cope and reheat my body better.

> Mayka

> Actually yelling is just a violent exhale. It would be followed by a
violent inhale gasping for breath.

> This is an excellent breathing technique.

> Bill!

> That sounds terrible Chris. And this is what I meant by reading or
overhearing about breathing but with no experience at all into that. As
a woman I should have encouraged her to yell as much as she wanted if
that would help her to dilate better and cope her pain. I would have
hold her hand very gentle but very firm and talk to her with reassurance
and kindnest. LIstening to her voice, to her body.. Being one with her.
Breathing with her. It's the heart acting as the guide that brings all
that sensitivity, unity between a patient and a carer, nurse, doctor...I
wonder if they can make an statistics about the heart too.