From: ChrisAustinLane <ch...@austin-lane.net>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question
To: "Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com" <Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, 23 October, 2010, 19:04

My son has just started kindergarten at a full immersion Spanish school, which
means that the teachers only speak Spanish. I have been trying to speak some
Spanish as a result, and it is truly interesting. My languages in school were
all read languages, Latin, Greek, Old English, so my only experience with
non-fluent speaking has been brief touring in Italy with my school Latin and an
Italian primer. As I get more brave about actually trying to communicate in
Spanish, I feel like a totally different person than in English. I don't feel
like I have thoughts I have trouble expressing well, I feel stupid. As long as
the other person speaks slowly ad doesn't stray too far from the tiny channel I
can handle, I am like a happy child, but then boom they roar off and I feel my
brain left far behind

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone