Chris: Chris: Yes learning a language is not just about the words but also involves its own culture. Things that in English are considered abrupt or even rude in some of the Spanish areas is considered a direct, sincere, straight forward way of talking free from hypocrisy. However, Times are changing and what it was considered before naked sincerity has started to be considered by some now as an aggressive way of expression. Nonetheless, i do feel a great release every time I go to Spain and can express myself so straight forward with people. And this is because Spanish is my first language. If you need a hand with your Spanish let me know. Are you learning the Spanish Language from Spain Europe or the Spanish from South America?. I'm asking this question because there is a variation in the way we use vocabulary. There are expression used in Spain that are unknown by South American people and viceverse. A little bit as the English spoken in America, UK, Australia.
Best Mayka --- On Sat, 23/10/10, ChrisAustinLane <[email protected]> wrote: From: ChrisAustinLane <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> Date: Saturday, 23 October, 2010, 19:04 My son has just started kindergarten at a full immersion Spanish school, which means that the teachers only speak Spanish. I have been trying to speak some Spanish as a result, and it is truly interesting. My languages in school were all read languages, Latin, Greek, Old English, so my only experience with non-fluent speaking has been brief touring in Italy with my school Latin and an Italian primer. As I get more brave about actually trying to communicate in Spanish, I feel like a totally different person than in English. I don't feel like I have thoughts I have trouble expressing well, I feel stupid. As long as the other person speaks slowly ad doesn't stray too far from the tiny channel I can handle, I am like a happy child, but then boom they roar off and I feel my brain left far behind Thanks, Chris Austin-Lane Sent from a cell phone On Oct 23, 2010, at 9:03, "ED" <[email protected]> wrote: --- In [email protected], <billsm...@...> wrote: > Ed, > So, my advice is to give Mayka a very large amount of latitude on her > phrasing, Yes, I should avoid responding to all statements, whose intended meaning I am not at least 90% certain I apprehend correctly. > ... and approach all of her posts with a generous and positive attitude. > Otherwise she's liable to put a big case of whoop-ass on you! > …Bill! Definition of 'whoop ass' (new term to me): A can of whoop ass, sometimes written as whoopass, is a slang figure of speech referring to a "whooping" (whipping or beating) of someone's buttocks. It is used to indicate that aggressive and dominating actions are pending, as in a competition or sporting event. ... There is no avoiding the inexorable Law of Karma: naughty boys do what they do and they get what they get! ;-) --ED
