From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
ChrisAustinLane
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:05 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question

My son has just started kindergarten at a full immersion Spanish school, which
means that the teachers only speak Spanish. I have been trying to speak some
Spanish as a result, and it is truly interesting. My languages in school were
all read languages, Latin, Greek, Old English, so my only experience with
non-fluent speaking has been brief touring in Italy with my school Latin and an
Italian primer. As I get more brave about actually trying to communicate in
Spanish, I feel like a totally different person than in English. I don't feel
like I have thoughts I have trouble expressing well, I feel stupid. As long as
the other person speaks slowly ad doesn't stray too far from the tiny channel I
can handle, I am like a happy child, but then boom they roar off and I feel my
brain left far behind

Thanks,

Chris Austin-Lane

Sent from a cell phone

On Oct 23, 2010, at 9:03, "ED" <seacrofter...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ed,

> So, my advice is to give Mayka a very large amount of latitude on her
> phrasing,

Yes, I should avoid responding to all statements, whose intended meaning I am
not at least 90% certain I apprehend correctly.

>  ... and approach all of her posts with a generous and positive attitude.

> Otherwise she's liable to put a big case of whoop-ass on you!

> …Bill!

Definition of 'whoop ass' (new term to me):

*       A can of whoop ass, sometimes written as whoopass, is a slang figure of
speech referring to a "whooping" (whipping or beating) of someone's buttocks.
It is used to indicate that aggressive and dominating actions are pending, as
in a competition or sporting event. ...

There is no avoiding the inexorable Law of Karma: naughty boys do what they do
and they get what they get!  ;-)

database 5558 (20101023) __________