Ed, You observed and commented:
> It does happens. Look into the soul of the post,specially love and with a bit of luck you may understand what I meant by that. I experience your statement above as arrogant, condescending and insulting - but I acknowledge to myself that that's how *I* experience you - and so what? [Bill!] I understand that upon reading Mayka's statement above you might see it as arrogant, etc. Mayka's been on this forum for a long time and I think I can assure you that she is not any of those things. English is a second language for her (Spanish her first) and she sometimes uses English in ways that appear to native English-speakers to be abrupt, arrogant or even funny. I think it's just because she has a good vocabulary but does not yet have the same 'feel' for the language as native-speakers. I speak two other languages (kind of) and speak Thai on a regular basis. I probably speak more Thai any given day than I speak English. Although I have a fairly broad vocabulary I sometimes say things in Thai that sound strange to a native Thai-speaker. This is because for new phrases or thoughts that I haven't said or heard said before I just translate the English phrase word-for-word into Thai. Like saying 'now the shoe's on the other foot' in Thai probably wouldn't mean anything to a Thai. So, my advice is to give Mayka a very large amount of latitude on her phrasing, and approach all of her posts with a generous and positive attitude. Otherwise she's liable to put a big case of whoop-ass on you! .Bill!
