Chris, what is the recommendation in your message below to me/us?
--ED --- In [email protected], ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote: > > My son has just started kindergarten at a full immersion Spanish school, which means that the teachers only speak Spanish. I have been trying to speak some Spanish as a result, and it is truly interesting. My languages in school were all read languages, Latin, Greek, Old English, so my only experience with non-fluent speaking has been brief touring in Italy with my school Latin and an Italian primer. As I get more brave about actually trying to communicate in Spanish, I feel like a totally different person than in English. I don't feel like I have thoughts I have trouble expressing well, I feel stupid. As long as the other person speaks slowly ad doesn't stray too far from the tiny channel I can handle, I am like a happy child, but then boom they roar off and I feel my brain left far behind > Thanks, > Chris Austin-Lane On Oct 23, 2010, at 9:03, "ED" <seacrofter...@... </group/Zen_Forum/post?postID=fyGkC5WeigaA-kt1Wl9OUwBAVRizmFydSYcThHoNPB\ PVsJFKqwNi8_OGEl7y2Q3juiiAUe2mhAMW_0_fZWLZ1l4> > wrote: --- In [email protected] </group/Zen_Forum/post?postID=J8ejFESxc-N_z09r4fUqRdTGnFImT9eGKLuY0Q4b3S\ mhDu5wqnU0OjO4ZDwBoTQuOKSipnuuW52OGDvF1zU3rgm9Gw> , <billsm...@...> wrote: > Ed, > So, my advice is to give Mayka a very large amount of latitude on her phrasing, Yes, I should avoid responding to all statements, whose intended meaning I am not at least 90% certain I apprehend correctly. > ... and approach all of her posts with a generous and positive attitude. > Otherwise she's liable to put a big case of whoop-ass on you! > â¦Bill! Definition of 'whoop ass' (new term to me): * A can of whoop ass, sometimes written as whoopass, is a slang figure of speech referring to a "whooping" (whipping or beating) of someone's buttocks. It is used to indicate that aggressive and dominating actions are pending, as in a competition or sporting event. ... There is no avoiding the inexorable Law of Karma: naughty boys do what they do and they get what they get! ;-) --ED
