ED:
 
You may say so but your choice doesn't seem good English. There are many 
sentences that can't be translated literally as they are writing in Spanish and 
viceverse.    
 
Mayka

--- On Tue, 26/10/10, ED <[email protected]> wrote:


From: ED <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, 26 October, 2010, 1:02


  





Mayka,
I hestitated between those two choices, and chose 'get' for the following 
reason: 
"get" underscores the fact that you actively arrived at your conclusion based 
on my immediately prior statements - and were never passively under anyone or 
anything (except, possibly your illusions, as Bill might say. ;-) )
--ED
 
In [email protected], Maria Lopez <flordel...@...> wrote:
>
> It sounds better English expresed as:  I'm under the impression...rather than 
> I get the impression.  But I don't know you tell me which of them is a 
> better used of English. 





Reply via email to