--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Bill... wrote:

> You are correct that you shouldn't form an attachment to either your
own experience or intellectual knowledge - but it is important to note
that the experience, even its memory, is your experience;

> whereas whatever you read or are taught is at best the 2nd- or
3rd-hand account of someone else's experience, and at worst the
inaccurate or fictional account of someone else's experience.

Bill,

When one reads, it is not necessarily to 'learn', but also and
especially to awaken one's own intrinic wisdom-mind, no?

> I'd advise you to value your own experience more than the account of
someone else's.

> ...Bill!

One must 'value' the accounts of others only if one oneself resonates
with them, no?