> Ed, My responses are embedded below:

[Ed]  When one reads, it is not necessarily to 'learn', but also and
especially to awaken one's own intrinsic wisdom-mind, no?
[Bill!]   I assume by 'intrinsic wisdom-mind' you mean 'Buddha Mind' or
'Original Mind'.

[ED]  No, I do not mean 'Buddha Mind' because I have not realized
'Buddha Mind' - whatever that might be.

I use it in the sense that the Teachings or the Teacher can be like the
light of the sun falling on a sleeping student, awakening him to truth
he had already possessed, but had merely forgotten.

Four decades ago, that's the way I felt when I read Christmas Humphreys'
books on the Buddha's Teachings.

  That's the way I felt when I read my first book on Zen: "The Spirit of
Zen" by Alan Watts. Although often I did not 'understand' intellectually
what was being said, reading it aroused much joy in me.