From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Maria Lopez
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 5:43 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question

Siska: I have also come across people who sit and then start to look down on
people who only read (or seems so). This is perhaps the other extreme to those
who are attached to texts and intellectual knowledge. The direct experience
itself is a direct experience only at the time one experiences it. Afterwards,
it is just memory of what it was, which can be differently perceived by
different people who experience it, or even same person at different time. So,
it is not wise to attach to this so-called direct experience either, in my
opinion.
Mayka: Have you been in many other zen groups?, By your statement it sounds as
if you were. As far as my experience concerns on this website haven't seen yet
any of those kind of practitioners looking down people you give description
about but I have seen in more quantities of the other ones I previously
mentioned.. .

Siska: Yes, sometimes what is left is just the breathing. Personally, I don't
distinguish body and mind in the awareness.
Mayka: What do you mean when you say that you don't distinguish the body and
the mind in the awareness?.

Siska: I noticed that whenever something occurs in my mind, it affects my body
accordingly and vice versa.
Mayka: Yes, body and mind are not separated. What happens to the body also
happens in the mind. What happens in the mind also happens in the body.

Siska: So, these two are kind of one. I can only speak for myself though.
Perhaps it doesn't work that way for others, I don't know, I don't get to share
and discuss with others so much.
Mayka: I see this zen forum in the same way as you do and that is : To share,
discuss, exchanging different points of view, so that we all get nourishment
from each others.