From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Questions, questions, question
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 1 November, 2010, 12:23 AM

> Ed, My responses are embedded below:

[Ed]  When one reads, it is not necessarily to 'learn', but also and especially
to awaken one's own intrinsic wisdom-mind, no?
[Bill!]   I assume by 'intrinsic wisdom-mind' you mean 'Buddha Mind' or
'Original Mind'.

[ED]  No, I do not mean 'Buddha Mind' because I have not realized 'Buddha Mind'
- whatever that might be.
I use it in the sense that the Teachings or the Teacher can be like the light
of the sun falling on a sleeping student, awakening him to truth he had already
possessed, but had merely forgotten.
Four decades ago, that's the way I felt when I read Christmas Humphreys' books
on the Buddha's Teachings.
 That's the way I felt when I read my first book on Zen: "The Spirit of Zen" by
Alan Watts. Although often I did not 'understand' intellectually what was being
said, reading it aroused much joy in me.