I have no one that knows me well. -Lana
"We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life." - William Osler On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 8:48 AM, ChrisAustinLane <[email protected]>wrote: > > > It is very easy to feel there is no difference between self and other while > alone, whether under a tree outside or in a server room. Maintaining that > understanding while a person that knows you well and is really mad at you > and is in some conflict with you is a different challenge. > > I sometimes joke that my koan that I am working on is 'my wife and I are > not two.' > > I do find that my getting upset at other people is showing I have some idea > that reality should be different than it is. The nice thing about an > intimate relationship in the zen context is that it is much harder to fool > yourself about your level of maturity than when you are more alone. I > personally also find that while he various forms of moving meditation are a > good way to maintain calm awareness, zazen is unsurpassed for establishing > it in the first place. > > Thanks, > Chris Austin-Lane > Sent from a cell phone >
