From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 8:46 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] New Member

Bill,
Exactly!
In my case, a long time ago I was in great mental suffering and confusion. I
accidentally discovered Zen literature and took to it. I did group zazen and
private Zazen and enjoyed both - as well as the chanting, rituals,
discipline and non-rational stories.
Therefore, if anyone were looking for a path to 'salvation', had become
aware of Zen, and asked me for my 'advice', I would say: Certainly, try it,
you might like it.

ED,

Others don't automatically have to embrace zen or Buddhism, or Christianity
or Judaism or Humanism or Materialism, etc... It's only if these 'others'
are dissatisfied or disappointed with their life that they might seek a
remedy.

...Bill!

Bill,
That may well be the case.
Does it automatically follow that others ought to spend enormous amounts of
time and energy attempting to attain the same mind-state, and if so, why?
--ED

database 5656 (20101128) __________

database 5656 (20101128) __________