Am 06.09.2012, 15:29 Uhr, schrieb Laurence Rowe <l...@lrowe.co.uk>:

We're hoping for a Zope4 alpha by the end of the year. I'm currently
running CMF 2.2 / Plone 4.3 on my branch with only a couple of minor
changes. Its really only the RequestContainer aq rewrapping which
causes a problem. With my branch that becomes isolated in
five.localsitemanager, which will require a new release for Zope4
anyway.

I don't think we should wait for that. I don't think anything precludes a CMF 2.4 following on fairly quickly.

Plone is unlikely to make a CMF upgrade until it removes its
CMFDefault dependency.

Please elaborate.

The refactoring of CMFDefault broke the Plone tool subclasses. Its no
bad thing really, inheriting from CMFDefault doesn't make a lot of
sense for Plone, we just need to do the work of moving code around. In
any case we need to wait for a Plone 5 before we can upgrade, if CMF
2.4 came in fairly quick succession we could probably just skip 2.3.

Plone duplicates an awful lot of CMFDefault and often not in a good way; being joined at the hip makes no sense. As above I don't see any problems with a fairly quick release of 2.4 after 2.3. CMFDefault brings a lot of benefit to the anyone actually using it. Our release schedule so far has been neither feature nor time driven.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director