Am 06.09.2012, 16:24 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2...@wcm-solutions.de>:

These changes provide better backward compatibility for code using CMF tools/utilities and better forward compatibility for running CMF on Zope 4. (*If* the proposed changes become part of Zope 4.)

As you say, if.

We don't have to wait for the Zope 4 release, just for the decision about the changes and for a five.localsitemanager release. Some small changes I made for CMF 2.3 don't play nice with the changes Laurence is working on.

Point taken.

  All the other unfinished tasks can be deferred to CMF 2.4.
 Do we have a list of these unfinished tasks?

There are the (incomplete) todo lists for browser views. I'd also like to revisit the names we did choose for the views and make them the default target of Actions.

hm, I drew up the lists from the existing Scripts/Templates and thought it was complete. I've just checked again and can only find the following as not done:

- [?] viewThreadsAtBottom.pt (structure)
- [?] talkback_tree.pt (macros)
- [?] setup_talkback_tree.py
- [?] discitem_delete.py

I thought we'd agreed not to make them the default for this release but remove the "experimental" label from the profile. Personally, I would like to see them as the default, not least because they nearly all have coverage. But, we shouldn't be packing too much into a single release. Maybe because you work with trunk you notice less?

As soon as we have a complete replacement for the oldstyle skins I'd like to move those skins into a separate legacy package.

+1

(I recently removed the complete skins tool from some of my CMF instances. That depends on a few hacks, but works quite well.)

Sounds great but should be in a separate release.

We also should consider moving the skins tool and the directory view code into a separate package.

This could be in 2.4

That code has some dependencies that were removed from Zope 2 (Zope 4) and are not required for sites without skins tool. In the long run I have no ambitions to maintain that code and its dependencies.

I don't think anyone does.

 Off the top of my head:
correcting the docs.
There are also duplicate DCWorkflow docs. Someone has to figure out if the old .stx docs are redundant and obsolete.

There are equivalents for all .stx as .rst. I thought I had moved the files over but apparently not. I don't know what to do about the examples. But the .stx files can go.

I think all the docs need a review but would like them to be visible first.

 I'd also like to see at least minimal support for a WYSIWYG editor for
HTML-text fields. Not sure if this should be part of CMF or a standalone
formlib addition because of the external dependencies.

Some day I want to switch to z3c.form which has more add ons. I wouldn't spend too much time on formlib specific features.

Again that would be for a later release.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director