Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:08:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mark Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Updating the toolbox

Howdy,

On Mon, 24 May 2004, ben keyes wrote:
> hmn.  the Snap-On flare wrenches that I have a look just as robust
> looking as the box-ended ones I've seen, so I don't think they're
> any less strong.

Then you're not looking very hard.  See the big opening in the wrench that
allows it to go over the line?  How rigid do you figure that is?

> I'd be very wary of using something other than a flare wrench
> first when you're working with a hard brake line, since if you
> mess up the flare nut with a normal wrench, you're screwed
> and have to resort to more extreme methods to remove it.
> use the right tool for the job - flare nut = flare wrench.

?

The original poster was talking about _bleeding brake lines_.  There's no
reason not to use a box end wrench in that circumstance, its better in
every way.

You _can't_ get a box end wrench on a flare nut... That's why flare nut
wrenches exist.  I agree, when you're working on something with a flare
nut & line in the way, use a flare nut wrench.  :-)

Mark