On 3 February 2011 13:40, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>>> Colin has to find a difference between the physical world and the
>>> physical
>>> world extracted from comp.

What I think I'm still missing is the precise significance of "has to"
in the above.  What is supposed to follow from NOT finding any such
difference? As far as I follow you, the full entailment of "the
physical world extracted from comp" isn't entirely clear yet.  But if
this could eventually be achieved, and it could be shown to be
entirely consistent with what we observe (so that one couldn't find
the difference you mention above) what conclusion would this justify,
other than NOT RULING OUT comp as an ultimate theory?  Of course such
an achievement would be a major, and pretty convincing, result in
itself, but is there some stronger reason why it would definitively
rule out ANY alternative, natural-world, non-CTM theory of mind-body?
If so, I haven't quite grasped the point yet.

David

> On 03 Feb 2011, at 01:41, David Nyman wrote:
>
>> On 2 February 2011 23:35, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>>
>>> To protect a natural world primary ontology, I think Colin has to provide
>>> naturalization of consciousness escaping digitalization at all nature
>>> levels, and this without redefining the first person by its comp domain
>>> of
>>> indeterminacy. Well he has to justify (or not) why he would say no to all